Fast efficient computer virus removal service for your PC and Apple Mac computers, laptops, phones and tablets. Our expert computer technicians remove all viruses, worms, spyware, adware, ransomware, Trojans and bots.
If your device is running slow, has pop ups or files are being deleted then it is possible that you have a computer virus.
When you suspect you have a computer virus, it is important to stop using your device immediately. Switch it off to stop it spreading and prevent further damage. A Windows virus or Mac virus can spread through your system destroying your files. They can also steal your information or lock up your device and hold it for ransom.
Symptoms of an infection are many and varied, such as computer running slow. Home or search pages change in your internet browser. Icons change on your desktop, files appear or disappear.
Popups informing you have many infections and need to run their program so they can be removed. Any sudden change in PC behaviour, like friends being sent emails claiming to be from you.
Virus Removal Service and Prevention
Exact cause can be hard to determine due to the complex nature of modern viruses. Because virus removal can be difficult, you will probably need expert help to be sure the infection has been fully removed.
Our Virus Removal Service completely removes all viruses, worms, spyware, adware, Trojans, bots, ransom ware and rootkits. Also ask us about installing total security protection software to help prevent any future infections.
Malware v’s Virus
The term malware covers all types of malicious software. Therefore any program whose purpose is harmful is a malware program. Industry groups like the Anti-Malware Testing Standards Organization (AMTSO) use this term for clarity. But the general public still asks for antivirus, not anti-malware and viruses removal instead of malware removal. Just remember that your antivirus strategy should protect you against any and all malware. Also beware most individual anti-virus products do not.
There are many types of malware, including:
- Virus; a computer virus injects its code into an innocent program. When the program runs the virus code runs too, spreading the virus to other programs.
- Worms; are similar to viruses, but they don’t require the user to launch an infected program.
- Adware; a program designed to display advertisements on your screen, often within a web browser.
- Spyware; when installed steels information from your computer.
- Trojan; a program that conceals malicious code within a seemingly useful application.
- Bots; a bot infestation doesn’t actively harm your computer, but it makes your system complicit in harming others.
- Rootkit; hooks into the operating system to hide a malicious program’s components.
- Ransomware; holds your computer or your data for ransom. The most common form it encrypts documents.
Virus Protection Software
We do not recommend free antivirus programs because they do not provide total security. Read this article, it discusses the free antivirus vs paid option. It will help you understand the difference so you can avoid using our virus removal service again.
If you are looking for services other than virus removal, go to our computer & Laptop Repairs page. You can also use the navigation menu at the
top of this page.